Thursday 26 March 2015

WE HAVE THE KEYS!

Last Friday I returned from shopping; drank my free coffee in the jeep and carried a few bags to my front door.  As I turned the key, as usual, the door wouldn't unlock!  I pit everything on the ground and took the key out and tried again.  For the next twenty minutes, I tried everything!?!  Including praying over it, of course.  I decided to collect all the shopping and carried it to the front door.

So.....here I am on a Friday afternoon at the only entrance to the house with ALL my shopping on the ground, the keys in my hand, a door in front of me...that for no reason, right now, has decided not to unlock!
In my life, 'nothing just happens' I believe ALL things happen for a reason after all, it is God who is with me, He is my life.  I thought for a bit.....I have the key - this is the door that it unlocks - so the mechanism in the lock is not lining up.  The frozen bits of shopping are beginning to defrost and I need this door to open.  The thought came to me, SHOUT FREEDOM to the LOCK!

I took a step back, looked at the door and said, 'Here we go door, you ARE coming open!'  Then I shouted 'In the name of Jesus I speak FREEDOM to this lock!'  Turned the key and it opened!  Hallelujah! What a relief!
I carried all the bags of shopping in and decided to spray my cooking oil ( my useful little tool for anything that squeaks!)  into the lock.
Writing this up in my journal later that day, I realised, yet again, the importance of the prayer/words for the moment.  I HAD prayed, rebuked, blessed the door, the lock, the key!?!  I HAD tried leaning in on the door, pulling it out, handle up, handle down!  All of that.  Then, when I stopped all my trying.....heavens instruction came amd the door opened.
I sensed that many of us have felt frustrated as we are holding the keys, and some believing they haven't got the right key,  the door is in front of us but we have seemed unable to go through.

Then when I thought to oil it, I sensed that God was saying that many have old dreams and visions that have become 'rusty' they've believed that maybe that wasn't God and they have become old memories.  No...oil the dreams, speak to the dry bones, bring them back to pray before God and see what happens.  He has given us the keys.....lets use them!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! Certainly spoke to me and will be praying over the old dreams and visions I've had. This post is currently on Facebook, Prophets and Seers Round Table and is being a blessing to many! God bless x

    ReplyDelete