Sunday 29 March 2015

PALM SUNDAY - THE DONKEYS


Today is Palm Sunday.  Many Churches, Schools and gatherings celebrate this day by re-enacting the time when Jesus rode on a donkey into Jerusalem.   Mark 11
Thinking about that this morning, I was reminded of something I shared at a Prophetic day last year.

Taken from 1 Samuel 9
A man named Kish had lost his donkeys and sent his son, Saul with a servant, to find them.  They travelled three days without finding them and Saul suggests to his servant, about heading back home.
Thinking that his Father would be more concerned about where they are than about the donkeys!

In verse 5 we read the servant says: 'Not so fast, there's a Holy man in this town.  He carries a lot of weight around here.  What he says is always right on the mark.  Maybe he can tell us where to go.'
Saul replies that he has nothing to give to this Holy man but the servant happened to have a silver coin! (Love God's 'happenings')  So, Saul and the servant enter the city; ask a group of women where the Seer is and then in verse 14 we read that they bump into one another!

THE DAY BEFORE God had confided in Samuel, the seer, telling him that 'This time tomorrow I will send you a man from the land of Benjamin, and you shall anoint him Commander over my people Israel, that he may save My people from the hand of the Philistines; for I have looked upon my people, because their cry has come to me.'
When Samuel saw Saul, the Lord said to him, 'There he is, the man of whom I spoke to you. This one shall reign over my people.'
Then.....I love verse 19, Samuel says, 'I'm the Seer, come with me to the Shrine and I will TELL YOU WHATS ON YOUR MIND and send you on your way.  And by the way, YOUR LOST DONKEYS, the ones you have been looking for the last three days, they have been found, so don't worry about them.  At this moment, Israels future is in your hands!'

This morning, my thoughts were Father KNOWS everything that we are concerned about.  He KNOWS all our needs, our anxieties, when we fret!  (Just keeping it real!) and when we are so busy, busy, busy looking for 'LOST DONKEYS' when all the while HE has a much larger plan for us!

Last year when I was sharing this, God showed me that we will see large numbers of Prophetic
Hubs, like the Guild of Prophets mentioned in the book of Samuel where the sons/daughters of God will be sought out, releasing the words, plans and strategies of God to all those that are hungry and particularly to those that have 'lost their way.'

I'm off to walk through those gates I mentioned yesterday.  And remember, that even if we've wandered off looking for the donkeys, in His great love for us, He will see to it that we continually 'stumble' across His divine connections and will keep us on track as He prepares us for what is coming! πŸ’• πŸ’•

πŸ’• πŸ’•

No comments:

Post a Comment