Friday 2 October 2015

RESERVED

As I was waiting for the bank to open here in the Czech Republic on Tuesday, I decided to buy a coffee from a stall at the market, which was just behind the bank.
The sky had clouded over a bit, and as I was enjoying my coffee, I was people watching.  Then my eyes were drawn to a large sign? A large word really, on the back of one of the buildings.  It said:
RESERVED
I thought that's unusual, an English word there, like that.  Then God spoke to me and said, He has made RESERVATIONS!  He has RESERVED your place, your table, your inheritance, your destiny!

I was thinking, when something is reserved, like a table I a restaurant or a seat on a train or plane, then that particular place is reserved for YOU!  Even IF someone sits in it, they have to move when you turn up!
Now, some may be thinking, my destiny is not reserved - but this is what I saw.  When we are being prepared, when we are walking through difficult, testing, stretching times in our lives, sometimes, we feel like we are never going to make it; into what God has promised.   But, because He is such a loving Father, who cares for the tiniest of details of our lives, He keeps, He reserves, what has been promised to us.
He went on to say, not to fret about 'missed connections' or opportunities that you feel you have missed; even lack of networking!  He is our divine connector!  He is our 'networker'.

I had a wonderful example of this two weeks ago at the airport.  The night before I left the UK God gave me a name, kept popping in my head when I was praying - McDougall
An unusual name, I thought.  Long story short - the airport was so packed that the security system actually shut down temporarily, we were so squashed together!  People everywhere.

An elderly couple behind me (right behind me!) were saying to one another they had never seen an airport like it!  I turned around and started chatting to them. Turns out, the wife has short term memory loss.  We reached the other side of the security checks, where, both she and I were frisked!
The poor lady, didn't know what was going on, so I stayed with her, as her husband went to collect her tray.  In the cafuffle; he had dropped his passport and boarding card onto the floor. He had left his wife next to his tray, which contained his wallet, watch etc. she decided to wander off towards him so I stayed by his tray until they returned.
He thanked me so much for explaining to his wife, previously, about taking off our watches, shoes, etc and I handed him his passport that he had dropped.  I noticed the name......McDougall

As I wandered through the cosmetics/perfumeries area, I was trying to think why that name seemed familiar?  Then, I remembered, I had written it in my journal the night before my flight, last night.

I think we can trust Him, don't you, with our RESERVATIONS!  Godly timings and connections.  He
is such a good good Father 💕
And now, here I am, drinking coffee in the market place waiting for the bank to open and He is assuring me and you, of His perfect timings - His reservations!

No comments:

Post a Comment