Thursday 28 April 2016

Rising as Eagles

28-01-2016
Today I set aside time with God - how refreshing that was!  I was enjoying a mug of coffee in the morning sun sat in a part of the garden that is a sun trap at that time of day. There was a little bird in the trees singing his little heart out, so sweet hearing him.

As I began to thank my Heavenly Father for the joy of sitting and enjoying this moment, momentum began to flow and I found myself giving thanks for the fields, the blue sky, the traffic!  I sensed myself 'rising' being lifted above earthly concerns and troubles and seeing earth from a heavenly perspective.

My mug, (a recent present from friends) has this scripture printed on it:
'But they that WAIT upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall MOUNT UP with wings as Eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.'  Isaiah 40:31
I read that as I finished my coffee and Father said to me, quite clearly, the SECRET is in the WAITING!  'They that WAIT upon the Lord.'

So, today, as I chose to stay in close communion with him all day and stay away from my phone, social media, any other interruptions, Papa has been speaking to me of things to come.  Showing me the preparation needed for what's coming, both personally and corporately. And the importance of WAITING, BEING STILL and KNOWING that HE is God!  He is God, He is Lord, He is King of everything and as we wait and still our hearts before him he becomes bigger and bigger and we become more thankful for being a part of what He is doing upon the earth at this time and the privilege of being his son/daughter.

My eyes caught a couple of verses above my scripture - Isaiah 40:25/26
'With whom shall you compare me? Who is my equal?' Asks the Holy One.  'Look up into the heavens! Who created all these stars?  As a shepherd leads his sheep, calling each by its pet name, and counts them to see that none are lost or strayed, so God does with stars and planets!'

I'm hoping that reading this little blog you will be encouraged to take some 'time out' just to be with him.  Give him all your focus, all your attention and receive the fresh oil that is being poured out at this time.
He dwells within our hearts and never leaves us or forsakes us.  He has plans to prosper us, give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11)  He directs our steps, makes our path straight - wonderful 💕


No comments:

Post a Comment